Tuesday 19 November 2019

Marillion @ Royal Albert Hall

Tonight Toni and I went out for a surprise wedding anniversary event. Well it wasn't a surprise for me obviously LOL. We made a return to the Royal Albert Hall to see Marillion With Friends From The Orchestra.

Another anniversary surprise for Toni at the Royal Albert Hall that I managed to keep hidden until we got there. I was hoping to make it last longer but as we entered the auditorium Marillion had a backdrop so that was a bit of a give away,

Harry Payne kicked off the evening with a very enjoyable set.

Marillion put on an amazing show. We didn't really knows most of the songs so it was a real listening  treat. The blending of their unique brand of prog and the orchestra was just amazing. Last time I saw Marillion was 33 years ago with Fish at the helm but Steve Hogarth's vocals are out of this world. Such a wonderful voice.

Here's the setlist:
Marillion Setlist Royal Albert Hall, London, England, Marillion With Friends from the Orchestra Live 2019























What a brilliant night. Now, I wonder what's on at the Royal Albert Hall this time next year?

No comments: