Sunday 16 September 2007

Empathy or just pathetic? (MAJOR RANT)

MAJOR RANT TIME. Sorry folks, but I just HAVE voice this one.
OK, I know some people feel the need to try and be nice but sometimes empathy just comes across as plain pathetic!
Everybody that knew Sharon must miss her, that I can understand. That is a real no brainer in my book. But why oh why do people try and think they are on the same level as me?
"It's hard for all of us", yes I suppose it is. You spoke to Sharon once every three months tops and saw her maybe twice a year so I guess that is comparable with how I am feeling right now.

My all time classic so far was this one earlier today:
"Yeah, know what you are going through, I've not had a decent nights sleep in ages."
OMG, what the f***. You have NO idea what I am going through, NO idea at all. Do you have any idea of the loneliness I feel now that my partner is gone? I cry myself to sleep at night talking to Sharon's picture (when I can finally be bothered to drag my sorry butt to bed). I burst into tears at stupid moments (like on the train to work or in the middle of the dance floor at Pink Toothbrush).
I am sorry but you really, really, honestly, truly do not have a clue how I am feeling, and be VERY grateful for that cos it really sucks.
Empathy? Nah pathetic!

OK, rant over, normal service will now be resumed. And for those of you in my regular support network, this is not aimed at any of you. You all know who you are so please don't worry as I would have told you if you had peed me off!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Hey dude i hope your feeling a lil better after that blog :) - and i see where your coming from why do people do that !!! grrrrrr where are they ill punch em in the head !!!! x x