Saturday 12 June 2010

Picking up the boy, shopping, BNP poster ops and chilling

Today was a day of not doing very much!
Got a text from Sam asking if we could pick him up from Chelmsford (he'd been out all night at a party) so we went and picked him up (leaving Aaron to cut the grass), did some shopping in Lidl before dropping Sam and Gemima back at home and nipping to Asda.

As is usual at the moment we were greeted by the sight of more stupid bloody football products. I have to admit that it is really starting to get on my wick now with all this misplaced patriotism. SWF could have been used in a BNP poster campaign with the amount of oversized flag poles and England flags flying everywhere, not to mention the streets with the bunting! There is one house in my street that flys the flag ALL the time, everybody else is just caught in transient football fever patriotism and it just sucks!

This little delight leapt out at me in Asda:


I hope all this hype really justifies the end result as England hardly got off to the most spectacular of starts to their world cup campaign. OK they didn't lost but a 1 - 1 draw with one of the worst cases of goalie fumbling I have ever seen does make me wonder why England fans think that they are going to win the World Cup. Time will tell I guess but I wonder how long it will be before we see all those wonderful flags ripped down and thrown in the bin?

The rest of the evening was spent eating yummy chicken, ribs and salad and watching more Dave TV.

No comments: