Friday 30 November 2012

Orpheum @ The Fiddler's Elbow (Voices Of Vixens)

Today was the day that Orpheum put on the Voices Of Vixens event at The Fiddler's Elbow in Camden. This was the first gig that we had even put on ourselves but the venue were good and there were no hitches in getting everything prepared and we actually had a decent soundcheck for a change which was a real novelty. Sadly Toni didn't make it due to being unwell :o(

The entrance with our poster on the door, at least the venue actually put some up unlike some we've played at!


ORPHEUM
The set went well and was well received by the crowd. New song Way Through went almost without a hitch and I think I nailed my backing vocals even though I couldn't hear myself through the monitors. For me this was definitely the best Orpheum gig so far. (big thanks to Mars' brother Andy for taking these pics)



CONTROL THE STORM
Although we hadn't realised it when we booked them this was Control The Storm's first gig in London so we were quite please to have given them the opportunity to play. They delivered a good hard set of what they call Post Apocalyptic Power Metal. They had a good sound with clear influences from Nightwish and After Forever but with plenty of original idea to make it sound fresh and new.


THE MARIANA HOLLOW
This band were my wow factor of the night.
Although all the bands playing had a lot in common The Mariana Hollow stood out for me as they had a very unique sound which I really enjoyed.


TRAINING ICARUS
Orpheum and Training Icarus are no strangers as we've played together before, one of the reasons we asked them to play at this gig with us. Once again they delivered a strong hard set


It was a fantastic night. Four great bands, a good sized crowd and because we put the night on ourselves all the bands actually made some money from the door takings. A resounding success with nothing but positive feedback has left us wanting to not only work with all these bands again but also to put on another Voices Of Vixens event in the future!

I should also give an honourable mention to Jasmine and Paul who I was talking to all night who were a great laugh, gave good feedback on Orpheum's performance as well as some constructive criticism and also kept me flowing with Jack Daniels, great to meet you both!

1 comment:

Alan said...

Orpheum into production now! Congratulations