Monday 10 June 2013

WFH due to bad back, Falling Skies, Game Of Thrones Finale and Apple's IOS7

I was working from home today due to my back still not being my friend. Really not very impressed with this especially having to dose up on painkillers. It's slightly better than yesterday but not good enough to be going out and being jostled on trains and in crowds. Despite the niggling pain it was a good productive day with some of our Agile processes slowly starting to slip into place.

Falling Skies made a return to our screens with Season3 kicking off with a double length episode. I'd got a bit meh about it during Season 2 but this was a return to form. It was a great way to start off the new season and I'm actually really looking forward to seeing how this one pans out now.

...and as the new comes in the old goes out as Game Of Thrones Season 3 came to a close. What a finale it was. Everything starts drawing into place with a massive climax leaving us all frustrated until Season 4 comes out! AAAARRGGGHHHH!

My day finished off in a most exciting way as I watched Apple's IOS7 keynote speech at WWDC 13. IOS has been long overdue for a facelift and what they are proposing to do looks pretty good to me. Maybe some of these features might not be "new" to users of Windows Phone or Android but they are new and most welcome to iPhone users. For me it's all about the functionality and the iPhone does exactly what I need. I am not a blinkered Apple fan girl, I've used both a Windows Phone and Android phone but neither gave me what I wanted or needed. The Windows Phone was actually a closer match and if I was more tightly integrated with all things Microsoft I might have swung that way. As it was I went down the Apple route. PLEASE NOTE: I am not saying X is better than Y or that Z didn't copy W. What I am saying is that I like what Apple are proposing with this update and I believe that it will fit in very well with MY life and with what I do.

For those that are interested:


No comments: