Tuesday 2 July 2013

Water water everywhere....

....and not a drop to drink!

So went that rather famous poem. It also applied to my postcode of DA15 tonight!

As I crossed the road to get the bus I noticed that the police had blocked off the traffic in the opposite direction. I got to the bus stop just as a nice man put a 'Bus Stop Closed' sign up. Reluctantly I started to walk home. As I reached another bus stop a 321 came along which I hopped on. Aaron was also on board and informed me that the buses were diverted due to a burst water main on Footscray Road. He'd taken a photo which sadly I neglected to get a copy of!

Got home and lo and behold there was no water! Not a drop to drink! Deep joy! Thankfully the Thames Water website is very good for updates so at least we could see what was happening with the repairs. Firstly water was diverted and we at least had a low pressure trickle (after a couple of hours) so at least the toilets could finally be flushed, thank Goddess. Many hours later, as we were heading to bed we were relieved to find that all the pressure was back and normality had been restored. We didn't need it but Thames Water were also providing water bottles at designated points for those that needed them.

Well that made things a little different today. It was a bit like the good old days of power cuts and such like. We take so many things for granted these days and it's all a bit weird when essential things like water are taken away from us (albeit for a very short period of time). First world problems eh? LOL



- Posted using BlogPress on my iPhone

No comments: