Thursday 23 October 2014

Pancake House, juddering granny, Cafe Rouge and packing

Today was a day with a blissful lack of real agenda! We got up and pootled over to Pancake House for breakfast. This was the ultimate water bottle, I want one!

Call me predictable but I did opt for the New Yorker stack once again although this time I went for the gluten free version.

OMG!It was actually better than the glutenous version. Once again we left full and very happy! Having a bit of foresight on the way back to the cabin I decided to film Pam going over the bumpy bridge with her juddery noise so you can all marvel in this spectacle!

When we got back to the cabin, Pam had a good nap while Toni and I caught up some homework that we had to do. We had a good couple of ours of study and discussion and also came up with a plan of things to do once we get back home.

As tomorrow is Pam's 89th birthday and we'll be travelling home we decided to take her to Cafe Rouge for a birthday meal. Gluten free Bresse Blue for Toni and I (vegetable substitutions for the bread):

Yes I am predictable but it was the 10oz rib-eye once again for me!

Toni and I managed to put away a couple of bottles of this little beauty too!

Sadly all good things come to an end and so it was with a heavy heart that we had to start packing when we got back to the cabin. We could have done it in the morning but we wanted to be prepared as we have to be out by 10am and could do without a stupidly early start.

This has to be the best way to end your holiday after lovely food, relaxation and great fun plus a pre-birthday celebration: One zonked granny!


No comments: