Tuesday 4 November 2014

Back to work, some lurgs and a Windows 8 upgrade

It was back to work for me today. Have a feeling I might have been a bit too keen as I didn't feel great and I had a headache that worsened as the day went one. Yes there were events that didn't help but this lurg is a bugger as one minute you think you are OK and then the next it's back with a vengeance.

The plan had been to go and see Horns tonight but Toni was still suffering in a big way, I was up and down and Sam seemed to be slowly developing it too. Instead it was a night in, take away food and a good old TV catch up. Just as well really as Sam got progressively worse as the evening progressed. My headache didn't improve but two co-codamol soon licked that sucker into shape!

I managed to upgrade my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 8 in less than 30 minutes using a USB stick. Have to say that I was amazed that it was so painless. I had envisaged all sorts of problems but there were none. Tomorrow night I might get brave and go for a Windows 8.1 upgrade getting me ready for Windows 10, maybe! That is all dependent on how long it takes me to apply 123 Windows updates

No comments: