Wednesday 12 August 2020

FIVE overtimes, hot long day and Jade's birthday BBQ

Well the first thing I did today was check the score for the Columbus Blue Jackets v Tampa Bay Lightning game. I am really glad I didn't stay up now. I bailed out after two overtime periods. The game ended with Tampa Bay getting the 2 - 3 win half way through the FIFTH overtime period! That's some start to their first round!

I'll skip the work bit as that was just a long hot day that dragged on and on. Some good things were achieved but I ended up working for much longer than had been planned.

In the evening we had Jade and Aaron over for a socially distanced birthday meal in the garden. It was supposed to be a BBQ but I had just started cooking when the gas ran out so we had to fall back to the oven and the skillet in the kitchen. Good food and good times were shared though so it was a great success :)

One of these three IKEA sharks was our present for her. She hadn't expected so many people to respond to the unsubtle hint she put out a while back! She is very happy though as she loves sharks!


No comments: