Monday 30 November 2020

Hectic day and rat care

Today ran like a usual hectic day. As I finished I went to feed the rats as I do every day now that Zoe is over with Jade and Aaron. I put the food in and 3 of the little devils attacked the stash but I noticed the Orion was not really moving. The water was low so I refilled that and he struggled to make his way across the platform to get to the water and he seemed to be having issues with his back legs.

Toni came up and we tried to give him some food and treats but he was really disinterred. We wondered if he had taken a fall from one of the platforms. He didn't like being picked up as a rule but Toni managed to get him out of the cage and gave him a cuddle and we managed to get a little water and a tiny bit of food into him. CBD oil and reiki was applied but he was still out of sorts. We called Zoe and she came over in a cab as soon as she could. Here he is snuggled up with Toni.

Zoe then took over cuddle duties while Toni and I prepared a second cage for him to stay in to hopefully recover, this one isn't very high and doesn't have any platforms. TLC continued through the night and he had at least perked up a little bit and seemed less stunned than he had done. Watch this space on how things go......



No comments: