Monday 18 January 2021

A bit of a day, Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor and Starship Troopers

Well it's been a bit of a day I have to say. I was called at 04:00 to sort out a problem although I automated this at the weekend so it was quick and easy but the adrenalin rush of being woken with a start meant I couldn't get back to sleep for ages. It did give me change to catch up on a few podcasts though.

No rest for the wicked as I had to get up at 07:00 to help support the clients who were part of the migration I did at the weekend. Thankfully it wasn't a crazy day and there were only a few issues that had to be sort out. There was lots of coffee to get me through :)

Evening movie tonight was The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor, briefly.....

It's a stretch to consider it part of The Mummy franchise other than Brendan Smith returning as Rick O'Connoll. Rachel Weisz was noticeable by her absence having been replaced by Maria Bello. It came as no surprise that the planned sequel The Mummy: Rise Of The Aztec got cancelled. Considering that, I am still baffled how The Scorpion King got sequels. We didn't actually make it all the way through as we had forgotten quite how bad it was!

Instead we opted for Starship Troopers for some pure sci-fi cheese


No comments: