Wednesday 11 July 2012

Orpheum @ Boston Music Room

Tonight was gig time again. This time it was a pretty big event at Boston Music Room in Tufnel Park playing alongside Human Wave Attack, Neuronspoiler and Achilla. It was one of those no pressure or anything but nights as we discovered that both Metal Hammer and Fireworks magazine were coming along with reviewers and photographers.

HUMAN WAVE ATTACK
Good hard indie band that took me back to the 80s and seeing bands like Flowers In The Dustbin at Woolwich Poly!
 


ORPHEUM
This was our best set so far. Despite a few sound issues all went well and we received a good reaction from the crowd.

See all the ORPHEUM pics here: 120711OrpheumBostonMusicRoom

Here's a bit of Broken Glass Kiss for you !



NEURONSPOILER
These guys certainly now how to enjoy themselves! Although they weren't really my cup of tea they had what was needed to whip the crowd into a frenzy with some Maiden-esque style metal.


ACHILLA
As usual Achilla put on a polished show as well as announcing they had been asked to support Edguy later in the year. How jealous was I?

It was a fantastic night and for Orpheum it was definitely us finally hitting our stride!

It was great to see Luca again who had popped along especially to see Toni and I .Terrible photo of me but what the hell! LOL

Biggest surprise of the night for me thought was coming off of the stage and being greeted by a guy who told me how much he enjoyed the set. I looked at him as my memory banks kicked into recall mode and he asked if I remembered him. I did indeed. It was Steve Allen, guitarist for a band called Voyeur, who I haven't seen for night on 25 years! OMFG! It was great to see him but a shame we didn't have much time to catch up. This will have to be rectified soon!

So there you have it, a great night or Orpheum and a great night for me personally!

No comments: