Monday 23 July 2012

Eyes open again

I was listening to some Chumbawamba on the way to work this morning and I had a blinding revelation as I realised that I had had my head stuck in political darkness for far too many years. It was an odd experience as I was suddenly motivated to not sit on my arse but to actually do something.

This was the song that made the scales fall from my eyes:


I realised that it's not enough to sit and grumble on social networking sites, on the whole that's just like pissing into the wind although it is at least a place to start sharing messages. Time to start getting involved with things again, it's been far too long.

As a starting point, why not help put pressure on the greedy corporate sponsors using the tax haven rules for 2012 Olympics in the UK.

So far 7 of the 14 sponsors have agreed to not use the tax haven rules. This is how things have progressed so far:

Come and sign the petition here:
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/page/s/olympic-tax-dodging-petition


No comments: