Thursday 5 July 2012

The Gherkin tour

It was a slightly different day at work today. A group of us had time out to take a walk to The Gherkin and check out the new offices prior to our move next week. Here's a view on our approach:
 

There were some very interesting art pieces outside The Gherkin!

Here's Tower 42 as viewed from the ground floor outside:

We did a tour of all three floors that we will be occupying, 2, 16 and 26. I'll be relocating to the 16th.
My empty desk, awaiting occupation:

Tower 42 from the 16th floor:

The main group headed back but Pete, Matt and I headed to the Bar/Restaurant at the top floor for a quick drink before we headed back. The views from up there were amazing!

The Shard looks so small:

Finally, this is the very top of The Gherkin!

It's an impressive building and I think it's going to be a very nice place to work out of. It will certainly be a vast improvement on my previous office in Shenfield and then Queen Victoria Street!

Although the GPS seemed to wobble a bit during the walk there and back (probably because of all the high, shiny metal building) I still managed to rack up a nice little walk:
http://runkeeper.com/user/ktglitz/activity/99767130

2 comments:

The Laughing Lemon said...

Looks very nice! Better view than a railway embankment!

Unknown said...

Yes indeed, a vast improvement on both places I've worked