Tuesday 31 July 2012

Bloody trains, audits and fish pie

Trains were the bane of my life today! It all started badly with my inbound journey being delayed. I then had the delight of the Olympic route being changed again. It seems like they change it randomly on a daily basis.

Work was busy and quite stressful having to deal with a whole load of audit compliance shit. The one good thing to come out of this wad discovering that Billy Smart had failed to deliver a document that he had promised at the last audit. Will be interesting to see how that develops!

Which brings me on to my journey home! It started with getting stuck in what was essentially an alleyway with 500+ people. Our moods weren't great when we realised that the other Olympic lanes were practically empty and essentially we were being inconvenienced for nothing! It took 20 minutes to do a walk that should have been 2!

To add insult to injury it was then announced that there were signalling problems at Cannon Street causing all trains to be delayed. It was chaos. We'd read the boards and go and wait on the advertised platform only to then get shunted to a different one. This normally meant missing that train by the time the throng had gone for it. Nobody seemed to have a clue what was going on. Temperatures were hot and tempers getting shorter.

I ended up getting lucky. A train was advertised as going from London Bridge fast to New Eltham. One customary platform change later and I got a train and a seat!

Just to round things off nicely there was a sign saying road closed near the bus stop so I ended up having to walk home GRRRRR.

My grumpiness was quickly dissolved when I got home with new clothes, fish pie, WWE Raw and True Blood.

It's been one hell of a day!

- Posted using BlogPress on my iPhone

No comments: