Saturday 3 June 2017

PS4 day

Toni was at work today (as was Sam) and with very little to do in the house (that I wanted to do anyway) I decided to have a PS4 day. It's been a while since I had a good long gaming session so it was a great way to chill out for the day.

I started out with Blood Bowl 2, a digital take on the old Games Workshop game. I'm no fan of American Football and hated the Madden games but this was kind of fun. It was a little slow due to the strategy element of turn based play but I'm sure when I finally get the hang of things it will flow a lot better.

Next up was NHL 17 and some ice hockey action. I'd become pretty adept at these games over the years and the last one I had been playing was NHL 15. This one looks beautiful and there have been some nice tweaks to the gameplay and controls that left me needing to learn a few new tricks. I'm still tweaking the settings to everything running in a similar way to the 15 version as the default ones mean it's a bit too easy to win convincingly every time. Great fun though and I'll be commencing a season soon so it's nice to have up to date rosters again.

Last but not least was Assassin's Creed Black Flag. I'd played this a fair bit on the PS3 but got a cheap PS4 version so have started all over again this time with a view to completing everything possible for each location (something I wasn't great at on the PS3). Things have started well and most of my time was spent playing this. The improved PS4 graphics make it even more enjoyable than the other version I have played. It's going to take some time to work my way through it but it's going to be fun.


No comments: