Wednesday 17 February 2010

Still meh, Rage Against The Machine and lasagne

Throat had progressed from dry to feeling like I was gargling glass today, most uncomfortable and not pleasant at all.

Got in to work and then tried to back myself a free Rage Against The Machine ticket. This was them honouring their promise that if they got the UK Xmas number one then they would do a free gig.

The lottery release system that seetickets.com were using meant that my browser was auto refreshing for over TWO AND A HALF HOURS before I actually got the chance to try and get a ticket. Thankfully my pre-registration details were OK and I am now the proud owner (well, when they send it) if a RATM ticket. Had hoped to grab two but everybody wanting one had to have pre-registered. To be honest I am not that bothered about going but it is a little bit of rock and roll history that I was part of.

Some poor souls were pretty hacked off to find that after three hours of just waiting the tickets had all gone.

My throat didn't improve throughout the day and I went home feeling pretty miserable. Got in and Sam and Kirby were watching True Blood, season two. Sam made a gorgeous lasagne and chips and we watched a few more True Blood episodes before I decided I needed to bail out, dose up again and hit the pit. At least tonight I didn't have the temperature, just the broken glass throat and muscular pains.

No comments: