Monday 22 February 2010

Working late and late trains

Was just thinking about winding up for the day when I suddenly got involved with a client on fire incident. Started to give my assistance to two of my colleagues and then suddenly one left as it was the end of his shift (which was fair enough) and the other one left early because his wife was having a flap! Can't say I was overly impressed when an email then came round saying that we weren't to leave until it was sorted. Instead of leaving at 17:15 I ended up leaving at 18:30 only to find that all the trains were up the spout and running late so I didn't actually get home until 20:00. How impressed was I! NOT!

Not everything was fixed but we bought ourselves some time. I then ended up doing some work from home as I had to keep checking my emails in case anything else cropped up but other tasks came up that I thought I had better just deal with.

On the plus side Sam did buy me an Indian for dinner tonight!

No comments: