Tuesday 19 February 2013

Bexhill, fish and chips and Car Wars

After a quick breakfast we loaded up The Beast and Toni, Sam, Jade, Aaron, Gemima and I headed off to Bexhill-on-Sea to visit Pam. We made good time and so were able to have a massive chill out once we arrived. I got loads of reading done which was great as I always seem to get distracted and not read enough. I've nearly polished off the first of Harry Harrison's Stainless Steel Rat series. I've read it many times before but it's still a great book.
Pam treated us to fish and chips for dinner so we went to her usual restaurant for a very nice meal. Grilled cod for me which was gorgeous and I felt so much batter eating it without the batter.
We too a slow stroll back along the sea front and then various activities took place. I watched a bit of the Arsenal v Bayern Munich game before Sam, Aaron and I built up some custom vehicles, armed them and hit the area for a bout of Car Wars. This was no video game but the old Steve Jackson Games board game. It's been years since I've played this and I'd forgotten how much fun it can be.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: