Monday 4 October 2021

Frustration and the New York Rangers (not related)

Today has been brought to you by apathy, disinterest and frustration. The first two points were not me but others! I might have mentioned it a few times before but I am not a big fan of statistics or bean counting. I am even less a fan of statistics and bean counting when it they are not done properly. Even less so when bits of them are made up. So that's the level of BS I have been dealing with today. 


I was looking forward to catching up with a New York Rangers game tonight only to find that my NHL app was telling me I needed to subscribe. I then had to have a call with NHL.TV support as I had received an emailing saying my subscription lasted until 10/10/21 and I would auto-renew on 11/10/21. It turns out there was a mistake in the email and it should have said I expired on 01/10/21! I was just told I could just subscribe again now and all would be good. I queried if I would then be billed again on 11/10/21 as per the email but was assured this would not happen. Trusting this to be true I subscribed so that I could watch the game I wanted to. Check in with again on 11/10/21 to see if there is a post on being double billed! LOL

The game in question was New York Rangers v Boston Bruins. The season stars on October 12th so there are a series of pre-season games and this was a good ONE. First period ended with the Rangers trailing 2 - 3. Second period ended the same with Rangers down 2 - 3 still. The third period improved a bit and ended with the game tied 3 - 3 thanks to a well taken penalty shot. Into overtime we went and the game ended with the Rangers winning 4 - 3, phew! Good to see a win especially against a quality team like the Bruins (even more so as the Devils beat the Rangers 7 - 1 the other night). There is a lot of potential in the 21/22 Rangers team (we are still getting used to all the changes) so hopefully we'll see good things from them. 


No comments: