Tuesday 19 October 2021

Pumpkins United

Pumpkins United? No, this is not another Helloween post. This year a friend of mine ran a Facebook for a Giant Pumpkin Growing Competition. The group composed of friends, mutual friends and strangers from around the world embarking on a journey of pumpkin growing. For a lot of us, myself included, this was our first time. It was great fun watching things grow, not grow, suffer, recover, die (not necessarily in that order). It was such fun and everyone was sharing hints, tips and advice with everyone else. I was a late starter and for a while it looked like there was nothing doing for me and then suddenly there was success. Sadly my growing stopped and it was harvest time. I was way off of being a competition winner but I was so proud to have grown these beauties (and I was at least mid-table in the competition).

Next stop is turning them into something yummy in the kitchen!


No comments: