Wednesday 19 September 2012

Green stuff, Kindle hacking, Dead Like Me, brownies and iOS 6

Dinner was accompanied by a whole load of things that Toni had grown in the garden. It's so cool to know that we are eating things that we have produced ourselves. Here's a little selection of the goodies on offer which just look gorgeous:

After many attempts in the past I finally managed to get hold of a Kindle hack that would allow me to replace all the crap screensavers that come with it by default and to install some of my own. Unlike the previous attempts that just caused much frustration it was a breeze tonight and my Kindle is now the proud owner of 50 beautiful H.R.Giger images. Here's an example. It doesn't look great here but it's fantastic on the Kindle!

Pork chops and wedges was accompanied by Dead Like Me. It's a film I'd not seen before but really enjoyed. Next stop will be watching the TV series. Sam served up some gluten free brownies with cream for pudding which was a most welcome treat.

Final bit of joy today came with the release of iOS 6 and me being able to download it and update my iPhone and iPad! There are some fantastic new features that I like already and I am thoroughly looking forward to exploring more! 

No comments: