Friday 14 September 2012

Dredd 3D

Tonight Toni and I made an impulse decision to go to the cinema and see Dredd 3D. I was a little worried as I am not a fan of 3D films but I needn't have.


It was a fantastic film that completely blew away the foul memory of the Stallone abomination Judge Dress from 1995. It might have taken 17 years but we now have the Dredd film that we deserve!




If you were a fan of the comic book hero then this film is for you. It is dark and gritty and well deserving of the 18 certificate that it was tagged with. I don't see how it could have worked with anything less. If you are a sci-fi fan then you will enjoy this without needing any prior knowledge of the character.
As for the 3D? WOW is all I have to say. I don't like 3D films but the effects used in Dredd were breathtaking have now restored my faith in how this visual style is used in films.
Go and see it!


2 comments:

The Laughing Lemon said...

Outstanding!!

Toni Glitz said...

Judge Dress
What a typo. Only you eh!