Monday 27 May 2013

A sunny day in Whitstable

It was a gorgeous day today so Toni, mum and I jumped in The Beast and headed out to Whitstable for the day. It was a lovely drive although we did get stuck in traffic a couple of times.

We were against the clock a little as we had a restaurant book but we did make it with a few minutes to spare. This little sign and alley made me chuckle:

Our destination for food was the Whitstable Oyster Fishery Company at the Royal Native Oyster Stores.

We started off with a nice bottle of Muscadet while we mulled over what to eat.

It didn't take us very long to decide what food we wanted........
I had the chargrilled scallops

Toni had razor clams

Mum had the fried squid

Oh and we also threw in a bucket of local oysters for good measure.

Toni and I had never had them before. We will be having them again, they were delicious!

Main course was lobster all round!

Wow is all I can say. The food was absolutely delicious, you could tell it was fresh!
I managed to preserve my two claw and then got a bit arty with them!

Well it amused me for five minutes anyway!
After the gorgeous food we then went for a stroll along the front. There are some things that you just don't expect to see on a sea front, let alone in Whitstable and this was one of them!

SO COOL, made me smile to see a T.A.R.D.I.S.! Aside from this there were some gorgeous views as we walked around:

To finish off our marvellous day I managed to snap a couple of signs that tickled me!

It's been a fabulous Bank Holiday weekend and so nice to go out and do stuff. 





No comments: