Thursday 2 May 2013

Crap day, Hellsongs, RIP Jeff Hanneman, New York Rangers choke in first game

Today was a bit of a mixed bag! We stared off travel delays with all New Eltham line trains being cancelled which resulted in me having to travel through to Eltham to get the train to work. The working day was long and arduous. It was a bit like groundhog day with the same thing going on and on and on but in it's own microcosm. Definitely a day for feeling growly having to interact with people that you could willingly throttle. To make things worse I also ended having to stay late as well. I know it goes with the territory but it happens so rarely that I get grumpy when it does and through no fault of my own!

Steak raised my spirits when I got home though. Gemima's first attempt at steak and chips was a roaring success. She did really well especially as everyone wanted theirs either blue or rare.

Further cheer came my way as my friend Shaun posted a link on to my Facebook page with something he suggested I should check out. http://www.hellsongs.com/

There are some wonderful takes on classic metal songs. It's all top notch stuff. Here's a quick sample:


The day took a turn for the worse later on when I heard the sad news of the passing of Jeff Hanneman, guitarist of Slayer. Always sad to hear when people you have a lot of admiration for are robbed of a full life. Not just that but I do love a bit of Slayer! Never forget the gig at Hammersmith Odeon where some git let off a can of CS gas just as the band launched into Chemical Warfare!


To make my misery complete I decided to watch the first game of the New York Rangers v Washington Capitals Play Off Series. I kind of wished I hadn't.  The Rangers had managed to end up heading into the second period with a 1 - 0 advantage which was quickly reduced t a 1 - 3 disadvantage that they never recovered from. The team did not come out looking strong and seemed very out of sorts. Hopefully coach John Torterella will give them hell and they'll pick things up for game two on Saturday afternoon!
Despite this bad performance I still believe!

No comments: