Friday 10 May 2013

Late night client support and another Rangers game

After a reasonably quiet day at work it was a busy evening. I volunteered to be on standby for a client who were doing an upgrade to their production environment. Usually this means no extra work for me. Not tonight though. The cline in question is one of those poor souls who have outsourced their IT which always tends to make things more complicated. I had a number of calls from the IT provider to clarify things that shouldn't have really needed any help with. It all got busy at 21:30 though when I ended up on a conference call with the client and IT provider for 1.5 hours. To be honest there was really no need for me to have been on the call but that's the way things go. On the plus side the upgrade was a success and the client is now live!

Dinner was prepared by me. Chicken and ribs with cheesy chips! It was delicious even if I do say so myself! Everyone else loved it too!

Game five of the Play Offs was a nail biting affair. New York Rangers came out well and took a 1 - 0 lead early on but Washington Capitals were hungry and very up for it. It was no surprise for the Capitals to get things to 1 - 1. Rangers lost Ryane Clowe during the game which didn't help matters. The game went into overtime and sadly things ended New York Rangers 1 - 2 Washington Capitals meaning that Washington now lead the series 3 - 2. Game six is on Sunday and back at Madison Square Garden. Hoping for a push to win game six and take things to a nerve wracking game seven! New York Rangers do have to seriously up the ante on the last game(s) though if they want to have any chance of survival!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: