Monday 23 June 2014

Back to work, back survives and True Blood

It was back to work today after having Thursday and Friday off as holiday (even though we ended up not going away). My back was very stiff but not too painful. My first task was to make sure that my workstation was set up properly to avoid it causing me any additional back problems. Most of it was OK and a couple of adjustments later and I was good to go. Everything was done at a much slower pace and painkillers did get invoked at one point just to take the edge off of things.

I got to announce the splitting of our development team into two teams to make it more compatible with Agile best practices. Will be interesting to see how this one develops and if the change makes things better or worse. On paper it should improve things. Time will tell.

The back survived the day thankfully and I made it back home without incident.

Mum went out for dinner with friends so we ordered in an Indian from Rishta (ironically where mum had gone LOL). We watched the first episode of True Blood season seven which has just started up again. It's the final season and started strongly. Like all good shows should be, we were frustrated to have to wait a whole week for the next episode.

No comments: