Wednesday 25 June 2014

Osteopath visit and Edge Of Tomorrow

Today I went for my first proper treatment at the Eltham Osteopathy Clinic. I was manipulated, folded up, twisted and stretched but it felt good overall. I'm looking at somewhere between five and ten weekly treatments before I am better. First part is dealing with the pain, second part is working on the repair. There's a long way to go but I'm feeling positive about the whole thing.

Toni and I went to Cineworld in Bexleyheath to see the new Tom Cruise sci-fi movie Edge Of Tomorrow. It was actually pretty good. The 3D was bearable too and wasn't overused for all the fast action scenes. It was a good story. An officer finds himself caught in a time loop in a war with an alien race. His skills increase as he faces the same brutal combat scenarios, and his union with a Special Forces warrior gets him closer and closer to defeating the enemy. I won't give any spoilers but the ending was a disappointment. The film actually had a logical end which would have been perfect. Unfortunately Hollywood rules expect certain things so they tacked a bit on the end to appease the masses that actually made no sense at all. Don't be put off by this though. It's a great little film and definitely worth going to see. I'm no fan of Tom Cruise but I enjoyed him in this.

No comments: