Friday 11 July 2014

Bexhill-on-Sea and possible new musical ventures

Ed and I did the final run to Bexhill-on-Sea today. Our mission was to clear out the garage and take away two wardrobes that the seller decided they didn't want even though they were on the inventory. I also needed to take the final meter readings and check out what work had been done in the property. The story here is that Pam's neighbour Sheila called Pam the other day to say that she had looked through the window and could see that a wall and door had been removed.

When we arrived the sunroom doors were open and I could see a workman busy doing stuff. Being the cheeky bugger that I am I let myself in via the front door to confront him internally. A lot of work had been done since I was last there. The place was looking nice though. I talked to to the builder and explained that nobody had given them permission to do any work before completion day. Somewhere there has been a major communication breakdown between the buyer and the Estate Agent. As we are completing next Friday I didn't see the point in getting them to stop work. If there some major disaster that stopped completion happening then we would have a newly done up flat to sell as they are in the process of putting laminate flooring throughout and have expanded the size of the living room with the removal of the wall and door.

The builders had also saved Ed and I a job as the wardrobes were already collapsed and stacked in the living room so it took us no time at all to get them on to the van. The garage was more of a shock as there was far more stuff in there than we had initially thought. Thankfully there was room in the van to fit everything in. Once we were done we popped in to see Sheila for a cup of tea before dropping thr keys off at the Estate Agent and then hitting the trail home again.

On the way back we stopped off at the Route 1066 Cafe for late lunch. Ed and I started talking about music and on the drive back he played me a load of his songs. He is looking at changing his sound and putting a new band together. I've been out of it for a while now and have started to get a little twitchy so it is possible that you might soon see me announcing that I am strapping on the old bass guitar full time once again and starting new musical ventures!

No comments: