Sunday 7 September 2014

Star Wars Deleted Magic, Star Wars costuming clubs, Thors and From Hell

Start the day (well the early hours as we had a rollover) watching the most excellent Star Wars Deleted Magic fan film/documentary. In a nutshell we have Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope reconstructed using deleted scenes, dropped audio and visuals, things in their original order making a fun slightly new perspective on the classic we all know and love.

It's not an official release but is worth getting hold of to see what it's all about. My next mission is to find the updated Deleted Magic Revisited.

In Star Wars costuming news I have now been approved to troop with three organisations
1) Iconic Legion (where it all began)
2) The Dark Alliance (ASL-069 Darth Travesti)
3) The Dark Empire (TDE 272)

...with a little George Lucas style special edition editing we now have awesome lightsabers....

I have some updated photos to submit but I am very very happy to have had my costumes accepted. The rules can be quite strict so it wasn't all plain sailing but the effort was worth it! Next stop, 99th Garrison and Galactic Knights and I will have a full set LOL!

The afternoon was spent watching the two Thor films for some Marvel goodness. I'd forgotten how good these films are. Am now waiting expectantly for Thor 3!

Last but not least was From Hell starring Johnny Depp. Haven't watch this for a while but I was reminded of it this morning when I read an article in the news about the identity of Jack The Ripper being revealed thanks to new DNA testing. It was an interesting read but I am not 100% convinced they are right. The film is well worth a watch though :)

I must give a big shout out to Pizza Hut tonight too for some awesome gluten free pizza. It was so nice to eat one that I know I will be fine with rather than have a sneaky nibble of one that will make me suffer! Thank you Pizza Hut.

Pre bedtime comedy was provided by Disney's Phineas & Ferb Star Wars.









No comments: