Monday 15 December 2014

#MyNameIs - the Farcebook saga continues #WhatsMyNameAgain

Anyone remember my little #MyNameIs saga with Facebook? Well on Friday it all happened again with my account being nicely deactivated until I put my "real" name in. It was the same routine as last time, no chance to dispute it or upload documents, just change name. I did so this time I ended up as Katie Glitz (the name I originally created the account with before I changed it to KT Glitz).

While doing all my other research I had also come across a page where you can request a name change and supply supporting documentation including legal documents. It is such a shame you don't get that option when they start the deactivation nonsense. Anyway, name change was requested to be KT Glitz and a copy of legal Deed Poll document was then uploaded and Facebook very kindly opened a case for me. The next step was them emailing me to say that I need to reply to the email telling them what my name was to be and to attach photo ID. WTF?

So they have an online form that that asks you for your name and to upload legal documentation and then they ask you to email them with the same information and different proof. Madness. I emailed back on my case questioning why they had now asked for something different and pointed out that in the UK photo ID is NOT a legal requirement and that my Deed Poll document that I had sent them twice was a legal document here in the UK. The request for name details and photo ID reply from them came back to me within FOUR minutes of my original submission. I have since sent them two other messages and have heard NOTHING back from Facebook in over SEVENTY TWO HOURS, three fucking days! So quick to shut me down and so slow to get me back up and running again!

I have now sent them a very sarcastic email as follows:
Wow, it took you FOUR minutes to backtrack on your requirements and get me to request my name change via email with different documentation despite my request containing a legal document. I have since replied to you TWICE and have received NO reply from you in the last SEVENTY TWO HOURS Not exactly the way to give customer service!
I will wait a further twenty four hours to see if I get a reply before approaching them with plan B. Watch this space as it is going to be a real doozy if things go as I expect them to!


No comments: