Tuesday 2 December 2014

My name is: KT Glitz #MyNameIs

Following on from my Who Am I? post about who I am and my bad experience with Facebook I have done a little more investigation. It turns out that the reason that I might have been hit with the deactivation and forced name change was not down to Facebook aggressively looking at accounts but was more likely because somebody had reported my profile as having a fake name. There are a lot of articles out there on the web that have documented that a lot of accounts have been targeted by one person for using "fake" names.

A couple of accounts have popped up on Twitter proudly professing to be spending hours and hours scanning through Facebook and reporting accounts that the user believes don't have real names. This would seem to make sense as a large number of my friends have been hit with name change orders. Whilst it might not be related to the Twitter user it does seem as though someone has been targeting a lot of my pagan friends who have had to change their names. So I guess I owe Facebook a partial apology for being so quick to accuse them of foul play. It is only partial though as they still didn't offer me an option to prove who I was or even give me an option to confirm that was the name that I really wanted to use so they aren't free from all blame LOL.

Anyhow, as a result of the shenanigans last week I decided to hit the Deed Poll trail. This was something that I have been toying with for a while but recent events gave me some momentum to move on with that decision. I am pleased to announce that I am now legally known as KT Glitz. Job done! I can call myself KT Glitz with impunity and prove that this is who I am.

Happiness is...... knowing who you are!

No comments: