Thursday 11 December 2014

The Hobbit Trilogy

Well it was crazy marathon day today. Sam had persuaded me to go and see The Hobbit Trilogy. All three The Hobbit films back to back (and in 3D no less). Nine hours of films with the finale being a midnight showing of The Battle Of The Five Armies (as near as you can get to a premiere). I met Aaron and Sam at the O2 Cineworld and in we went armed with snacks and drinks......

Now to put things into perspective I was not a massive fan of the first two films but I had only seen them on the small screen. My views changed pretty quickly though. I ended up thoroughly enjoying everything. Both An Unexpected Journey and The Desolation Of Smaug turned out to be pretty good after all, who knew LOL. The came The Battle Of The Five Armies which was utterly brilliant. I hadn't expected to enjoy it anywhere near as much as I did.

If you get the chance to see the whole trilogy together then please do. It's a long trek but well worth it. If not, then go and see The Battle Of The Five Armies anyway.....


We rolled out of the cinema at 02:30, took a £43 cab ride home and were in bed for around 03:00! OUCH, but it was worth it!

No comments: