Wednesday 11 July 2018

Interview in progress, WOW!

Well it's not every day that you meet someone who is classed as a hero. It was interview time once again today and out candidate arrived promptly and was immediately tasked with a logic test. When time was up I went in to mark it and do my initial interview.

Most of the interview was completely routine, the usual questions, the usual banter; I'm sure you all know how this stuff goes. I have one question that I always ask, "What has been the greatest achievement in your life". I've had some cracking answers from winning cage fights to Brighton bike rides but today I got a response that will be hard to top. As I asked the question he reached into his pocket and brought up a web page to show me. WOW is all I could say! This isn't the page he showed me but it is the same story....

Wow indeed you might say. He understands why people called him a hero now even though he didn't see it at the time. I was just amazed, it was so unexpected. So whatever happens next I was honoured to have met this man!


No comments: