Friday 18 July 2008

Ooooops...

.... looks like I have upset Kat!

Was supposed to be forming a "function band" with her and we had a rehearsal scheduled for tomorrow with a drummer and guitarist. After much soul searching this week (and probably aided by the fact that I have my home recording studio working now) I realised that the function band thing is not really where I want to be musically at this moment in time.

Decision was only really made today and Hazel said that I needed to tell Kat sooner rather than later so I did. Seems Kat now has the serious hump and isn't talking to me anymore! I did point out that there was no reason why she couldn't still go ahead and rehearse tomorrow with the guitarist and drummer as they can still carry on and do the band without me but she never replied.

I didn't want to upset but had to be honest as well, I didn't want to commit to something that I didn't personally believe in doing so bailed out before it was too late. Will be a real shame if she stops talking to me altogether but in the end it's her loss and not mine although I wouldn't like our friendship to end on a sour note.

No comments: