Wednesday 30 July 2008

Deep Purple at the Excel (& British Motor Show)

Had a bit of a change from the norm tonight as Toni and I went to see Deep Purple at the Excel. My friend Amanda had some freebie tickets to the gig (and they also granted entry into the British Motor Show) so we kindly accepted them.

When we arrived (having met up with Amanda and family and got our tickets) we went and had a jacket potato and then browsed around the Motor Show. I'm not really into cars but it was quite fun and I wouldn't mind being able to spend a day at the show. There would be lots of lovely pictures of cars posted here but unfortunately I managed to lose my camera between havng a coffee and getting to the arena to see Deep Purple which was a real bummer.

Deep Purple were actually pretty good. With a few newer tracks they also played all the classics like Black Night, Space Trucking, Strange Kind Of Woman, Highway Star and of course Smoke On The Water.

Having last seen Deep Purple back in 1987 (I think) where Ritchie Blackmore didn't even bother coming out for the encore it was nice to see this line up onstage and obviously really enjoying themselves with no personnel issues in a Blackmore free environment.


Thanks to the magic of mobile phone I did manage to snag these (not great but they'll do):

Toni and I just after entering the arena:


I guess the pruple lights are a clue the band are due on!


Toni


Old, loud and proud:




We then headed back to North Greenwich and drove back to SWF for a much needed sleep (and this was probably the earliest night we've had in weeks LOL)

No comments: