Tuesday 17 March 2009

One giant step...........

.........well it was for me!

Some of the good things about going to the gym with Sam are that he is:
a) someone to talk to
b) someone to help encourage me and push me
c) someone to take my attention off the beefcake/fitness addicts that hang out and pose around gyms and make you feel intimidated

Part c is the important part here and is the reason I would never have signed up to a gym without a buddy. Well today I had a dilemma, I wanted and needed to go to the gym tonight (with Thursday getting ever closer) but Sam was otherwise engaged with after school musical activities and I hated the thought of going alone. I bit the bullet though, got in from work, didn't relax too much as this would have meant I'd have just stayed home, got my gear on and headed off for a workout.

It was a big step for me (and I know it sounds really silly) but it was defintely worth pushing myself and doing it. Had a really good session and didn't feel like a tiny puny ant at all.

It's funny though, I know I am achieving so much and pushing my body to new limits but 42 flights of stairs still scares the living daylights out of me!

2 comments:

Geminii Glitz said...

Really, really impressed!

Alan said...

We'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Every good wish.