Thursday 19 March 2009

Vertical Rush!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!
I was SO nervous travelling up to London today for the Vertical Rush. We drove to North Greenwich, got me some knee supports and then had coffee at Starbucks before heading into town. My head was really all over the place and I even zoned out on the tube at one point trying to get myself into a good place.

As we exited Liverpool Street station and started walking to Tower 42 we could see it looming and it looked pretty ominous and daunting.

Here's me at Liverpool Street with Tower 42 just about visible:


And here is Tower 42 looming!



Met up with Matt and David outside Tower 42 and we went to the City Financials London office to pick up Ryan and Emmanuel (and get changed).

The waiting around before the Vertical Rush started was actually the worst bit of all.

Here's CFUK beforehand:


Do I look knackered?


I should think so! My target was 15 minutes, Sam said he would buy me a pint if I did it in less than 14 and my actual time was 11 minutes 47 seconds, it was bloody hard work but I was delighted with the result!

Full CFUK team times were as follows:
Emmanuel - 7:26
Matt - 8:44
David - 8:52
Ryan - 11:13
Keith - 11:47

Of the whole event the fastest runner came in at 4:22 and the slowest was 19:08 so we by no means disgraced ourselves!

And afterwards we looked like this:


It was a good day, a great team effort (and yes they were all faster than me) but it was a major achievement and we managed to raise £1264.61 for Shelter.

Would I do it again? HELL YEAH!

All the pictures can be seen here:
190309VerticalRushTower42#

2 comments:

Alan said...

Well done Keith

I am really proud of you. And well done the team too.

Geminii Glitz said...

lol - you left out the part about us coming with you to support you...!