Friday 14 May 2010

Dem stones, dem stones.....

...... Gall stones!

Well that's it, all done now!

Yesterday started well with me arranging to get a three piece suite delivered. Sam agreed to stay home and mum, Toni and I set off for Springfield hospital. We were delighted to see the posh car park with a nice bit of car parking. FAIL!





We booked in at reception and then had to wait in a waiting area as we were early and my room wasn't ready. Here's mum on the comfy leather seats:





After a short while and the upset for me of another lady getting a cup of coffee and some biscuits (upsetting because I was nil by mouth by that point) my room was ready and I was processed:





Apart from the charming hospital gown, I also got to have a Rocky Horror moment and wear stockings (even if they were surgical ones LOL). Toni had some fun putting them on me:





To be honest, they weren't actually too bad for surgical stockings. So here I am all dressed up with nowheres to go:





It was a long wait before my operation due to me being last on the list, so there was a bit of sleeping done beforehand.





Soon though it was time to prepare for the op and I was whisked off to have a canula inserted in my hand:





..... and that was the last thing I remember. Just over 4 hours later I sort of came to back in my room. It turned put that it was not possible to do my op with keyhole surgery, so Mr Inwang had to open me up. Thankfully all went well and the operation was a success. Obviously I didn't get to see or keep the gallbladder but here are the stones from inside it!





I am all a bit achey now! I stayed in last night and it is looking like I might have to stay in another night but I won't know for sure until I've seen Mr Inwang, my consultant.

Here's my drainage tube






..... And this is my wound





So there you have it, my little gallstone saga comes to an end with the removal of my gallbladder. Here's hoping for a quick recovery!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Dad said...

Glad it all went well for you.
love from Dad and Stephanie