Friday 21 May 2010

Hollywood Doll supporting Riot:Noise @ Shaw Farm

After much angst and deliberation I decided that I was well enough to go through with HOLLYWOOD DOLL's debut gig tonight. About an hour before we were due to go and load in at the venue my nerves kicked in which seemed to give my wounds some grief but I still made the decision to go ahead.

WE got a little worried as we arrived at the venue and there was no sign of Danni, the promoter, or the headline band Riot:Noise and the guy in charge at the venue had no idea if they were bringing a PA or not. I frantically tried to find Danni's mobile number but the one that I had was no longer active LOL. Thankfully Danni and Riot:Noise did appear (and they had a PA so all was well). Both Danni and Riot:Noise were a little surprised when they saw Shaw Farm as I don't think the venue was quite up to the way it had been described to them.

We all then got on with setting up all our gear. Our sound check consisted of a quick run through one chorus and that was it, all systems go. I had deliberated with having a chair on standby just in case there was an emergency but at the last minute opted t just go for it standing up and to hell with the consequences.

There were four bands playing tonight:


HOLLYWOOD DOLL
Wow, after two years of struggling to build a dream Matt and I finally took our baby out to the world to perform and for us it was a fantastic debut gig. The odd mistake that we did make was masked well and nobody realised it anyway. We got a good reaction at the end of every song which was nice to hear and we all left the stage very happy with what we had achieved. Apparently I turned really white at one point but I was unaware of this and pushed through to the end of the set. I have to admit that I was really struggling by the end but I managed it! It was wonderful to see so many friends and family there to support us.

Here's a video of Suffocating from the gig:







See all the HOLLYWOOD DOLL pics here: 210510HollywoodDollShawFarm


HEALTHY JUNKIES
These guys were good although they almost didn't get to play! Nobody had told the bass player that he needed to bring amplification. Luckily for him as I was happy to let him borrow mine! HEALTHY JUNKIES played nice short punky style songs.




HIROSHAMOUR
Healthy Junkies singer Nina left the stage and HIROSHAMOUR were born as guitarist Phil Honey-Jones took over the vocal duties. HiroshAmour weren't really a good fit for the rest of the bill. To be fair, Statosfire had pulled out so HiroshAmour were covering the gap but sadly they weren't really well received and a lot of people decided to leave.


RIOT:NOISE
Despite their obvious surprise at the venue (plus the reduction in the crowd) RIOT:NOISE were consummate professionals and put on a really good show. They were very appreciative of the remaining crowd (most of whom had been part of the Hollywood Doll entourage) and were well received. I really enjoyed their style and think they were quite similar to what we do in Hollywood Doll. I'd love to support them somewhere in a good venue as think we'd compliment them well.





See all the RIOT:NOISE pics here: 210510RiotNoiseShawFarm


It was a fantastic night and a great way for HOLLYWOOD DOLL to debut



No comments: