Friday 21 December 2012

Bus fun, pointless work, doughnuts, HMV, end/start of an age & Wayne's World!

Hahaha, saw this at the bus stop on the way to work this morning! What a great name for a beer! I'm sure the name is a sign of what it makes the consumer do after a few!

Got on the bus and met a couple that I'd seen a week after an Orpheum rehearsal. They had been very drunk and kept asking me to play them a song. They had forgotten that day and were most disappointed that I didn't have my guitar with me this morning LOL! Still it was nice to have been remembered and also nice that they were still nice people even when they were sober!

Work was utterly pointless. There was bugger all to do as most of the developers had already wound down for Xmas as they are all off on Monday! On the plus side, it's Mike's birthday tomorrow so he bought doughnuts, a working day always has meaning when there are doughnuts! LOL

Popped out at lunchtime to pick up a couple of cheap DVDs that will make up the rest of what Jade considers to be essential Xmas viewing. Bizarrely the guy in HMV pretty much had the same list so maybe there is something in it! LOL I haven't been in an HMV in ages and I was shocked how much things have changed. Films that I thought might have been essential purchases weren't even on their shelves, it was pretty much a mediocre selection plus the usual top 20 lists of DVDs, CDs etc. Once upon a time I would have spent ages scouring the CD bargains but I didn't even look today, who'd have thunk it!

As expected most of the day was spent listening to people banging on about the end of the world, apocalypses and such like. *sigh* Don't you people do any research? The Mayan Calendar never talked about the end of the world, it was merely the passing from one age into another! On the plus side by tomorrow most people will have got bored going on about it!

Once again the day dragged on so I was so glad to make a break for it early and get home for snuggles! I only have part of Monday to work now and then I am off until 2nd January. I shall be working from home on Monday so it isn't going to be too bad a day!

Got home and was once again in the arms of my gorgeous Toni, YAY *happy dance*

Kebabs for dinner and then some excellent party time with Wayne's World, followed by Wayne's World!

The evening then ended with more comedy as we stared watching Series One of The IT Crowd.




- Posted using BlogPress on my iPhone

No comments: