Saturday 8 December 2012

Sleep, shopping, Jimmy Spices, Cthulhu, The Mouse And His Child

Sleep, sweet sleep! It was great to have a long sleep!

Once we had woken up with some tea Toni, mum, Gemima and I went out on a little shopping expedition. If we hadn't had Gemima with us I could have spent hours exploring the lingerie department in Debenhams. Probably just as well we couldn't really as this saved the bank balance!

After the shopping we met the boys in Jimmy Spices for and all you can eat food extravaganza! The restaurant was trying to get into the festive spirit
What's not to like about crackers! We did end up with an abundance of spiders though although there was a guest appearance from Cthulhu!
Gemima hadn't realised that Movember was over and that we had now slipped into December LOL

Food was fantastic as usual! Sam was telling Toni and mum a story about doughnuts which I masterfully misheard!

He said, "Come rain or shine, tis doughnut time."

I (mis)heard, "Anal shunt is any time!" LMFAO Whooops!

In what for me was an amazing sign of acceptance and validation I had announced that I was going to the toilet and mum asked me which one I was going to use! How cool was that?

To add the icing to the cake I bounded up the stairs. A man at the top with a young child had kindly waited for me to come up. As I passed him I muttered, "Cheers" in a very non-feminine voice which then caused him to turn around and double check me. Poor little lamb must have thought that he was being a gentleman letting a lady go first LOL

After food, we went back to mums and put our feet up for rest and sleep. Sam was the exception to this who decided to do a load of college work to get things up top distinction level. I was very impressed with his demonstration of Access Control List programming using Packet Tracer. Network nerd alert!!!!

We spent the evening at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre watching the RSC production of The Mouse And His Child. It was a wonderful performance and a modern take on the classic tale.

We rounded a wonderful day off very nicely with some nibbles and a bottle of Rose champagne that we had saved from the wedding. Very nice it was too!

No comments: