Saturday 16 September 2017

The Magicians, Gatwick road trip, PS VR and NHL

I had hoped for a long sleep this morning but that wasn't to be but I guess getting up after 9 isn't really a bad thing LOL. Tea and breakfast was followed by a couple of episodes of The Magicians.


At midday Toni and I jumped in the car for a road trip to Gatwick to go and pick up Aaron and his friend Amy from the airport. Despite the M25 being quite busy we made it in plenty of time. Flight was on time so it was a smooth pick up and then back round the M25 to drop Amy off in Deptford and Aaron back in Sidcup. It was still almost five hours so not an insignificant outing LOL.

Sam picked up a PlayStation PS VR set cheap on eBay and we had a little dabble on it. I have to say that the Star Wars Battlefront PS VR mission is absolutely superb. VR is not something I'm that interested in but seeing a VR Star Wars universe is a whole different ball game. Colour me impressed!

The only slight downside of PS VR versus Occulus was that I felt a little seasick afterwards.

Tonight was the first of the NHL preseason games so we decided to indulge as we hadn't watched any ice hockey for quite some time. Vancouver Canucks v LA Kings was the first match in the preseason series. I'm not really a fan of either team as such but boy it was good to have some hockey back!

No comments: