Friday 6 September 2019

Designated Survivor

I have just finished watching Designated Survivor on Netflix.

The synopsis was intriguing:
On the night of the State of the Union address, an explosion destroys the United States Capitol building and claims the lives of the President and everyone in the line of succession except for Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Thomas Kirkman, who had been named the designated survivor and had been in an undisclosed location. Kirkman is immediately sworn in as President, unaware that the attack is just the beginning of what is to come.

There are three seasons and it's a real rollercoaster of political intrigue and conspiracy stuff. Kiefer Sutherland was excellent in his role as Thomas Kirkman.

I really enjoyed this show. It was recommended to me ages ago and I finally watched it and am really glad I did. There are plenty of political parallels with the current political climate in the US and the various side stories help compliment the main political/electoral arc.

I think this one is well worth a watch, here's a trailer to kick you off.



No comments: