Saturday 21 September 2019

NYTT LAND @ Electrowrkz

Tonight I was out all on my lonesome for an evening of music at Electrowerkz.

No matter how many years you are away Electrowekrz (Slimelight) never changes. I think that is part of the charm LOL. It was like I'd never been away although it was odd being there without Toni.

First up tonight were Seventh Harmonic. I was looking forward to seeing them play as they were borrowing my bass LOL. Thoroughly enjoyed their set. Dark atmospheric and symphonic gothic feel.

Next up was Seidrblot. I had no idea what to expect here as they had nothing available online apart from a short YouTube video. They were the dark horse and very very good. Traditional rhythmic sound with glorious chanting creating a powerful ritual energy that was easy to get lost in. Absolutely marvellous.

Last but not least were NYTT LAND delivering there Siberian shamanic ritual style. Despite some technical issue they were good. The pace was slower that Seidrblot's and generated a different level of energy but it was magickal nonetheless.

It was a fantastic night with three great bands. Seidrblot won themselves a new fan tonight and I'll definitely be keeping an eye on what they are up to and would love to experience the energy they create again.

No comments: