Sunday 29 September 2019

Recording for The Mystery Machine and lots of ice hockey

Today I cracked out the home studio equipment to start doing some recording for The Mystery Machine. A few driver updates and reminding myself what I was doing I soon had Logic Pro X up and running and ready to roll. Toni gave me some harsh but fair feedback which resulted in me submitting my first take it making the mix so it's all good. Sadly my studio headphones started dying so I have had to order some more before I continue my tasks. 

Toni and I had a late breakfast and then caught up with the New York Rangers v New York Islanders game from last night. It was good to see a nice heated affair with the local grudge match continuing. Sadly they lost 2 - 4 but was a reasonably close game until the last five minutes (and damn those empty net goals).

Looking through the NHL app on Apple TV we were seeing if there was anything showing at a reasonable hour so that we could watch a whole live game. We were intrigued by the game against Chicago as the other team had no logo.

Further research revealed that EIS was the Eisbären Berlin and Chicago were playing a preseason game in Berlin. 

This then triggered a lateral thought process and a quick internet search showed that Eisbären Berlin are playing a home game while we are in Berlin at Christmas. After a small struggle getting registered we had booked tickets to go and see them play Thomas Sabo Ice Tigers in December. 

Tonight we were cheering on Berlin against Chicago! It was so nice to watch an NHL game that wasn't peppered with adverts every few minutes (as the broadcast was from Berlin). It was a really good game with both teams playing hard and fast. Sadly Eisbären Berlin lost 1 - 3 (damn those empty net goals AGAIN). Having watched this I am now really excited to see them in December.


No comments: