Sunday 9 August 2009

Bacon rolls, Futurama, driving and Warhammer 40K

Today has been a good day.

Got up and went to Asda to do some clothes shopping and get some yummy breakfast stuff.
Had bacon rolls for late breakfast and watched lots of Futurama.

Following that it was time to go out and drive the car. Toni had suggested it earlier and I did grump a bit. When we returned Sam also thought it would be a good idea and said he was more than happy to watch Gemima whilst we were out. I'll be honest, the power of cars scares me!

As it was we went to the station car park and I had a good drive around and felt quite confident. Even got up into third gear, did some parking, reversing and some three point turns. The big win for me though was having the confidence to actually drive the car back home again. OK, it's not far but it was a big thing for me and I am really glad that I went out. Thank you Toni for nagging me about it otherwise I just wouldn't do it. We have agreed to now try and go out once every weekend.

On our return we had a cup of tea and then settled down for a game of Warhmmer 40K. Was good fun and I almost beat Sam but he just pipped me to the post (admittedly because he started getting cocky at the end).

Pork chops and fried potatoes and salad for dinner accompanied by Episode 1 of Kindred The Embraced, a vampire TV show.

It's been a good weekend .........

2 comments:

Mumbles said...

So she won't let me drive the car, even though I'm perfectly capable and have had lessons...
I know its your car n all but JEEEEEZ! lol

Geminii Glitz said...

LMFAO

And you're still not driving it - and neither is anyone else who isn;t on the insurance... regardless of how many lessons they've had.