Monday 26 January 2009

Wii Fit and planning to get fit for the Vertical Rush!

OK, I have to be the first to admit that I am NOT a fan of the Wii Fit! Our boss brought his copy of Wii Fit and the Wii Fit Balance Board into the office to test our five intrepid CFUK Vertical Rushers to see how we shaped up!

Whilst I admit that it wasn't really a surprise it was a little depressing to see the results appearing on a huge eff-off widescreen TV in the office in front of most of my colleagues! So here goes, after the first data entry and some tests it determined that through my Body Mass Index I was actually obese, I knew this really but it was quite depressing to see it up in lights (and even more so when my Wii Mii suddenly expanded in size to reflect this!!!!!!). Next up it reported that my Wii Fit age had been worked out as FIFTY! Only 12 years older than it should be! The only saving grace was that one of my CFUK colleagues was ranked as 43 and he is 5 years younger than me and much more active than I am.

So what happens next? Well the reality has hit home that I am very likely to do myself some serious damage if I attempt the Vertical Rush in my current physcial shape. I had decided that I wanted to lose a little weight this year anyway and so knowing that I now have a need to get some serious work done I popped down to Club Woodham (our local fitness centre) with Sam tonight to check out the facilities (and, more importantly, prices).

Have decided that although it isn't cheap I do have to really get some professional help in preparing and training for the Vertical Rush and so will be signing up ASAP (both Sam and I are joining so we can do some stuff together). The plus side is that they run on a month by month basis so if I decided to stop after the Vertical Rush I won't be tied into a 12 month membership contract. Gulp, physical exercise and lots if it! DOUBLE GULP!!!

Along with the exercise and training of course I am also going to have to alter my eating habits. No more crap, take aways and the like, time for a new healthier regime including lots of vegetables and fruit!

It's quite daunting just even thinking about losing weight but with the added incentive of wanting to be successful at the Vertical Rush I know that I can do this!

1 comment:

Geminii Glitz said...

Wow - you got spammed on your blog comments!

Anyhow... boo to the Wii Fit stats! You are not obese. I know other obese people and you are not in their league at all...

YAY to better diet and green food! REALLY hope you can keep that part up - even after vertical rush. I miss eating green food! Salad on your kebab does not count! LOL

Good luck honey. Am with you 100% (even if I'm not actually at the gym!)