Thursday 14 January 2010

Had my ultrasound scan.... it's a girl!

Well there you have it, I am sure lots of you wanted to ask what it was when I had my ultrasound so we have decided that it is a girl.

When the scan had started I was asked if I had had my gallbladder removed as she couldn't find it. The idea of the fasting before hand is to shrink the stomach so the gallbladder is easier to see. In my case, however, my gallbladder is contracted so it was harder to find, trust me!

After a bit of poking and scanning I am happy to report (well sort of) that stones were spotted in my gallbladder. So there we are, as suspected, I have gallstones and that is what was causing my pain. Sorted, I have a diagnosis!

Now all I have to do is wait for the scans and report to be sent to my GP (they said they would be faxed tomorrow) and then I'll no doubt be called in to discuss treatment! God knows how long that is likely to be. Am sure it will be suggested that I reduce the fat in my diet although to be honest I don't eat that much anyway so I am not sure that will be a course of action.

In the meantime I shall just have to hope and pray that when the existing stones start to go on the move that the pain isn't too bad! Watch this space.................

No comments: