Thursday 21 January 2010

Leaving work early, GP wars and Sophie & Scarlett

I am pleased to report that today is just another day, another great day in the exciting adventure that is my life.

Toni dropped me at North Greenwich station and I managed to catch a very overcast and smoggy picture of Canary Wharf:


It was not a great day at work today, however (you could say overcast and foggy!). Ye olde stones of galle were giving me some grief so I had to leave early and go home. When I got back I decided to follow up on my scan results with the GP. The have spent all week fobbing me off saying that they hadn't received them yet and it was MY responsibility to chase them up (bloody cheek).

I decided to second guess the GP today though. I called the scan company who informed me that my results HAD been faxed to the GP last Friday just as they had promised. They also said that if they needed to be sent again then the GP only had to called them. Armed with this information I called up the GP again only to be told that the results still weren't there. When I informed the receptionist that they had been faxed last Friday she "suddenly" found something on the system. Apparently it was my scan notes but then turned out to only be the covering letter with no results. I was told that I would need to get the scan company to send them again. Rather than argue the toss over whether or not the GP or I should do it I called the scan company right back and they agreed to fax the results over (for the second time) immediately.

I shall now wait until tomorrow morning and then I will call up the GP again and make sure they have my results now and try and get an appointment set up ASAP so that I can actually get some treatment! Fingers crossed we start moving forwards!

Sophie and Scarlett arrived in the early evening, they are staying for a week which should be fun! Scarlett is a little demon now and whizzes around at a rate of notts and tries to get into everything and she isn't even one yet!


No comments: